Manage your L.A. Care Health Plan online by using www.lacare.org. The Local Initiative Health Authority of Los Angeles County, operating as L.A. Care Health Plan, is an independent, local public agency in Los Angeles, California. It began its operations in 1997, serving low-income individuals in the county of L.A. through six health coverage programs including Medi-Cal, L.A. Care Covered, L.A. Care Covered Direct, L.A. Care’s Healthy Kids and many more.
L.A. Care is the nation’s largest publicly-operated health plan, serving more than 2 million enrolled members and has been accredited by the National Committee for quality assurance. It is the company’s goal to ensure that each and every one of its members gets the right service at the right place and at the right time. L.A. Care Health Plan provides a variety of affordable health plans for the diverse communities of Los Angeles. The company’s plans have access to a wide network of local doctors, hospitals and pharmacies. Learn more about L.A. Care’s plans on lacare.org.
Logging In to Manage Your Online Account with LACare
If you already have an account with L.A. Care and would like to log in, simply follow the instructions below:
- On the homepage look for the buttons that say ‘Member Sign In’ and ‘Provider Sign In’. Choose the type of account that you have with the company and click on it. These buttons are found on the upper right corner of the page.
- For example, if you clicked on ‘Member Sign In’, you will be redirected to the member login page.
- Enter your username and password to their corresponding fields and click on the blue ‘Submit’ button to access your account.
- Click on the link that says ‘Forgot your username or password?’ to get assistance in case you have trouble logging in.
How to Create an Account
If you want to create an account today, just follow the indicated steps below:
- On the homepage, click on the button that says ‘Member Sign In’.
- Once you get to the new page, look for the link that says ‘Create an Account’ and click on it. This is found right under the blue ‘Submit’ button.
- Take the time to read the License Agreement and click on the blue button that says ‘Continue’ to proceed.
- Once you get to the online sign up page, fill out the required fields and click on ‘Continue’.
- Go through the remaining steps to successfully create your online account with L.A. Care.
If you need further assistance, click on the ‘Contact Us’ link found on the top area of the homepage. Here you can view the various contact information of the company: Coverage – 1-888-452-2273, Provider Information – 1-866-LACARE6.