Find effective healthcare cost management solutions online by using www.phcs.com. Private Healthcare Systems was acquired by MultiPlan in October of 2006 and the PHCS PPO networks are now a part of MultiPlan. MultiPlan was established in 1980 and is now the industry’s most comprehensive provider of healthcare cost management solutions. Today, it has over 900,000 healthcare providers under contract and an estimated 68 million consumers accessing its network products.
MultiPlan has 40 million claims reduced through its network and non-network solutions every year – this gives the company more experience and resources to handle unprecedented cost and competitive pressures faced by healthcare payers in the commercial healthcare, government, workers’ compensation and auto markets. Moreover, it is the only company that can offer access to the leading independent national primary PPO and complimentary network. And in addition to offering regional PPO networks in Wisconsin and the southwest, it provides negotiation and medical reimbursement services through a single electronic submission. Learn more on phcs.com.
PHCS Solutions Offered Through MultiPlan
MultiPlan delivers more options, innovation and value for today’s healthcare payers and providers seeking a strategic response to the evolving managed care landscape. When its full solution suite is used, each electronic claim is compared against our cost savings mechanisms in a specific order, consistent with the requirements of our contracts and the relevant benefit plan. This results in predictable savings and maximum patient and provider satisfaction. It also avoids errors and delays that often result when claims are routed from vendor to vendor.
- Step 1: Reprice through the primary the primary PPO network
- Step 2: If the provider does not participate in the primary PPO, reprice through the complementary network
- Step 3: If the provider does not participate in the complementary network, take one or both of two powerful out-of-network cost reduction measures:
- Negotiate a reduction directly with the provider
- Apply a defensible reduction based on actual facility costs and median practitioner reimbursement levels
How to Find a Doctor or Facility through MultiPlan
If you are searching for a doctor or facility, simply follow the instructions below:
- On the homepage look for the green button that says ‘Find a Doctor or Facility’. It is marked by a magnifying glass icon. Click on it.
- On the next page, you will be asked to identify your network logo. Choose the one that appears on your benefits card then click on the green ‘Continue’ button.
- Indicate if you are looking for a doctor or facility then click on the green ‘Continue’ button.
- On the next page, you need to fill out a form to proceed with the search. For example, if you are looking for a doctor, you are required to provide your zip code, city, type of doctor, name, etc.
- Click on the green ‘Continue’ button and go through the remaining steps to complete your search.
If you need further assistance, click on the ‘Contact Us’ link found on the upper right corner of the page to access the various contact information of MultiPlan. For example, for PHCS Network, you may call 800-922-4362 and 800-678-7427 for PHCS Healthy Directions.